Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Youversion is the bomb...

As some of y'all know I am using Youversion.com to do my bible reading for the year.

When I was younger, in church, we were assigned to read the ENTIRE Bible in three years and I thought this was way too hard. I was so nervous yall, but eventually I did it (I think?) But I did not absorb ANYTHING AT ALL. Now I'M glad I'm grown and really re-reading because the Bible is fun. Right now IM LOVINGGG the story of David and his son Solomon.

Honestly think about it... David came from a normal farming and herding family and he was the baby. Literally like 8 years old when he defeated Goliath, a 9 foot MAN!
I keep asking God to show me his plan for my life and he keeps telling me to wait. (I'm working on my patience y'all) BUT I have to imagine what if I was David... If God would have told me that I was gonna fight a giant and win, become KING, have the WISEST and most rich son for a KING; I would not have believed it or I would have probably found a way to screw it up.

But thats the point, things come in due time, specifically Gods time. He doesn't have to reveal it all to you because he has it under control. Who am I to think I deserve to know now? I need to sit back and enjoy the ride and keep pursuing GOD! David didn't lose the faith even when his situation looked dire. (Saul's MULTIPLE attempts to kill him) He even was kind to his enemies. I want to be like David. That is all, hope this helps someone as it helped me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment