Friday, April 18, 2014

Birthday/Holy Week

HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY TO ME!


It's my real 25th. This year means alot to me.

When I was a young child, 25 was the fantasy age. I used to imagine myself at the age of 25 living a good life. A life much better than the one I was currently in. I grew up depressed and with VERY VERY VERY low self esteem. I wanted out of my life so badly that at times I contemplated suicide. Most people couldn't see that because on the outside I was happy, loud,. jovial Meghan. At the age of 25, I imagined myself with a house, a few cars, a perfect highly paying job, great friends, like 10 boyfriends, a fish named Chester and and I would be beautiful. STUNNINGLY, stopping people in the street beautiful... Then my doubt creeped in and I would see a 25 year old version of myself as still depressed, sad, alone, horrendously unattractive and desperate and dependent. What a life...

Neither of these versions are what my life looks like at the moment, but that is because I serve a God who does exceedingly and abundantly more than we can ask or even imagine. (Ephesians 3:20) MY  LIFE IS GREATER than I could have imagined! I don't have a perfect high paying job, I don't have my own place, I drive a used Nissan Versa... but I do have GOD! I have friends (I call them brothers and sisters) my relationships have gotten better. I am on the path to purpose, I hear God clearly, I have a deeper relationship with God and I'm HAPPY. I'm really happy!

Here are some pics...
My birthday started with being able to compose and deliver a lecture about Child Abuse (my passion).

My Favorite picture of the whole day


Shrimp Scampi and Mashed Potatoes and Strip Steak at the Cheesecake Factory 

Yes GOD!


Birthday Blue :) 

My friend said something crazy, and she got the signature Meghan stank face...

Wished for greatness..



More to come soon

No comments:

Post a Comment