Saturday, April 6, 2013

"Who am I?" Posts



*Hello Readers*,


      SO the Lord has put on my heart to do some “Who am I’s” occasionally. I'm not sure if anyone else does these or thinks of these. I would like to think it is Me and God's novel idea but he could be talking to other women about it too :) What he explained to me is that I must write a list of Who am I characteristics and then to pick a few and write more in depth about them. This ALONE has been LIFE SHAKING! It is encouraging me to really look at the corners and recesses of my life about who I am, where I am going and who I want to be. I just freeflow and write who am I? …

       This lists includes things I would like to be in the future because I once heard a great quote… “Who you are going to be, you are becoming now” meaning you are not going to just wake up an honest person one day if you are lying right now, you are not going to wake up a skinny chick if you are eating the entire sleeve of Oreos right now (working on this one :)… and so on. Whatever you are practicing now, you will likely become, somewhere there has to be a mental shift and we all know we are transformed by the renewing of our minds…



Who am I? 4/6/13

-          A wife, a mother, a lover of all people, a kind mother, a generous person, a loving individual, unwavering in my belief in Christ, a prayer warrior, a bible reading woman, a woman who follows what the Lord tells her to do, an honest woman, a kind woman, a reading woman, an honorable woman, a nonjudgmental woman, a woman who speaks up for herself, a thoughtful woman, a woman, a confident woman, a daughter of the most high, God’s princess, God’s daughter.


  • þ  A non-judgmental person This does not mean that I condone my own sin or the sin of others, it just means that I do not judge. The bible says judge not lest you be judged. I do not condemn others, I realize that we all have fallen short of the glory of the Lord. I give others grace and I smile. I do not crucify others, I let them live their lives in what I hope is peace and speak up only when God’s tells me to. 

  • þ  A woman who speaks up for herself- She thinks carefully and does not let people run all over her without speaking the truth. She speaks the truth to negate the lies. She doesn’t make up or conjure external lies to prove a point or add to her “stories”. She is respectful even when she is not being respected. Her accountability is to God and God alone. She honors the Lord in all she does including her appearance, her words, her actions, her thoughts, and her descriptions. She speaks life and truth even to herself. She does not allow her inner tape to play unless it is in agreement with the word of God.

  • þ  A confident woman- She is NOT prideful. She is NOT prideful. She is NOT prideful. She is NOT prideful. She is NOT prideful. She is NOT prideful. She is NOT prideful. (I repeated that because it is easy to fall into, but NOT up in here devil!) 
    She understands that she is a WOMAN. She is beautiful, she is important, she is valuable to the kingdom, she understands her value, she understands her call, she will do anything to protect that value, she understands the importance of being in communion with God, she knows that all good things come from the Lord. And he has chosen her.

  • She knows that her beauty is on the inside and this is what people will be most attracted to. She knows that God has a plan for her. She knows that the Holy Spirit lives inside of her and reveals the plans of God on her heart and helps protect her from the plans of the enemy. She takes no pride in anything for she knows it all comes from God. She is God’s and he is hers.


No comments:

Post a Comment